Brits love to watch television. According to research by Samsung, Brits spend 1344 hours a year in front of the TV. That roughly sums up to 56 days.
Now imagine watching an energy-inefficient TV for 56 days non-stop. With such soaring electricity prices, you’ll have to spend 25% of your salary to pay bills.
So, what’s the solution? We all love to chill in front of the TV at the end of the day. Either while watching Netflix or playing games, one way or another, we have to use them.
Well, worry not! Best energy ratings TV’s are the solution to your problems. You can enjoy watching your favourite shows all day long without getting broke while paying the energy bills.
How Much Electricity Does A TV Use Per Hour?
On average, a TV uses 0.2 kWh of energy. Keeping the current UK electricity prices per kWh 2022, 0.34p in mind. It will cost roughly 6p per hour to watch TV.
The price varies while enjoying your LED TV during peak hours. Also, the energy efficiency rating and area could impact the monthly bill.
Before you read any further, we like to tell you that we might earn a little commission for every purchase you made today. But this doesn’t affect our product review. We have only picked the best appliance after testing and surveys.
Top 3 Energy Efficient TV By Experts
Are you in a hurry? Then have a quick look at the three best products that we have hand-picked for you after reviewing and testing.
- Ultra HD Crystal Picture
- High-Quality Audio
- Samsung Health Feature
- Most Dynamic Connectivity
- Thin Bezel Screen
- Google & Alexa Supported
8 Best Energy Efficient TV In The UK
The shelf life of television is around 10 to 12 years. Mostly, old LCDs have a G rating. That’s why they consume more electricity.
- Picture Quality: HDR
- Display Technology: 3840 x 2160
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Sound Quality: Q-Symphony
- Display Technology: UHD 4K
- Refresh Rate: 50Hz
- Sound Quality: Dolby Audio
- Display Technology: HD 720p
- Smart Feature: Xbox & PS5 Compatible
- Refresh Rate: 60
- Display Technology: LED
- Energy Class: G-Rated
- Sound Quality: Cinematic Style
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Stunning Feature: 3-Sided Ambilight
- Picture Resolution: 720p
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Stunning Feature: Voice Control
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Resolution: 720p
- Smart Feature: Alexa Built-in
So, if you’re planning to buy a new television, we have done our detailed research and have picked the 10 best TVs for you to choose from.
1. TCL 50 Inch 4K TV – Best TV For Gaming
TCL is the trusted brand for home appliances. Their 50 inches 4K slim LED has created an equal buzz among homeowners and professional gamers.
The high dynamic image quality ensures perfect picture quality. The Dolby audio guarantees that you won’t miss any single sound thunder.
Picture Quality: HDR | Display Technology: 3840 x 2160 | Refresh Rate: 60Hz
You can also connect it with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI and USB. Gamers can connect their console to it too.
The cherry on top is it works swiftly with both Alexa and Google Assistant without any fuss. So, you can enjoy all the smart features with the remote control.
- The slim design looks aesthetic.
- Its colour contrast is just perfect.
- A thin bezel ensures a stunning gaming experience.
- The voice command feature works without any fuss.
- The remote control is not compatible with it.
- It takes a long time to connect to the internet properly.
Is TCL A Bad TV Brand?
Actually, TCL is a good brand. It has some exceptional LEDs and OLEDs that are made of the finest material and suitable for gaming too. Apart from being a good brand, most importantly, It is a budget Brand.
2. Samsung 55 Inch Crystal UHD 4k Smart TV – Best TV With Freeview
Samsung has set the limit very high with this BU8000 model. The one I like the most about it is its low latency rate.
It consumes 77 watts on the run. This will cost around 8p per hour. With the evolution in technology, TVs are now consuming less electricity.
Sound Quality: Q-Symphony | Display Technology: UHD 4K | Refresh Rate: 50Hz
Its dynamic crystal colours and powerful processor provides the best picture experience.
This is a futuristic TV as its remote gets charged with solar power. The audio quality is clear, and even at maximum volume, you won’t hear any white noise.
- Its crystal processor ensures zero latency.
- The Q-Symphony audio output is immersive.
- You can also use it as a workspace and entertainment screen.
- It comes with a Samsung health feature to keep you fit and healthy.
- The built-in apps are embedded and can’t be deleted.
- Its high volume can be disturbing while watching soothing movies.
Are Samsung TVs Good For Gaming?
Yes, Samsung TVs are an excellent choice for gaming. In most Samsung screens, you get a high refresh rate and no latency. The high-contrast colours and brightness ensure an immersive gaming experience.
3. RCA 32 Inch LED TV – Best TV For Computer Monitor
The RCA 32-inch HD LED is one of the best television with versatile functions and a stylish appearance.
It is equipped with 2 HDMI ports to provide you with the best gaming experience. The one thing that I like the most is its budget-friendly price.
Sound Quality: Dolby Audio | Display Technology: HD 720p | Smart Feature: Xbox & PS5 Compatible
The MACE colour engine and triple noise reduction results in perfect contrast and great gradient handling.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is its build quality. The pixels fade a little, too, as you change the channel for a short moment.
- It is the best fit for you if you’re on a budget.
- You can connect your gaming console with it easily.
- The picture quality is impressive, even at 720p.
- The installation process is straightforward.
- Its build quality seems a little cheap and off.
- Connecting the screen to the internet takes a lot of time.
Is RCA TVs Good?
Yes, if you are looking for a reliable television while staying on a budget. Even though the build quality seems a little off, it is one of the best brands available in the UK for affordable TV screens.
4. Hisense 50 Inch 4k TV – Best TV With Built In Soundbar
I am the biggest fan of Hisense. I have been using this energy star rating TV for 13 months without any major issues.
Its sports and game-based audio modes reduce any input lag to a minimum. Due to its VIDAA US feature, you can enjoy every major OTT platform on it.
Refresh Rate: 60 | Display Technology: LED | Energy Class: G-Rated
Its 3840 x 2160 4K resolution is perfect for playing your favourite games. The precision colour balances the colour gamut accurately.
The only thing that bothers me is its poor reflection handling. If, by any chance, you have installed the light on top of it. Then, you have to deal with the visible light reflection.
- The DTS virtual X audio enhancement is just spot on.
- Due to the AI upscaling, the image quality is ultra 4k.
- The thin bezel-less screen is suitable for an immersive gaming experience.
- Its white noise reduction and black frame insertion are perfect.
- The screen reflection handling feature is nothing exceptional.
- Setting it up is very complicated if you’re not an expert.
Do Hisense TVs have Bluetooth?
Most of the Hisense TVs have Bluetooth support features. All series from A6 to U9 are equipped with Bluetooth and internet settings.
5. Philips 50PUS7906 4K LED TV – Best TV For Home Cinema
Its three-sided ambient lights enhance the room decor. The 60Hz refresh rate results in ultra-HD precise pixels. The cinematic-style audio eliminates every distortion.
Its game mode ensures that you don’t have to deal with any image or audio latency while defeating your competitors.
Sound Quality: Cinematic Style | Refresh Rate: 60Hz | Stunning Feature: 3-Sided Ambilight
With this energy-efficient television, one thing is sure you don’t have to worry about how much electricity does a tv use per day.
To protect your screen from accidental cracks, there is a display foil that protects the screen. It works great with Google Assistant.
- The cinematic audio feature is a great deal for gaming sessions.
- Dolby vision enhances the image quality to a premium level.
- Ambient light looks aesthetic and magical at night.
- The blue ray picture quality gives a perfect cinematic effect.
- It doesn’t work with Alexa.
- Over time the screen's black light bleeds terribly.
Is Philps TV A Smart TV?
Yes, all Philps TVs are smart TVs. They are equipped with Bluetooth, Apps and Google Assistant. You can also convert them into your gaming screens using HDMI cables.
6. iFFALCON 32 Inch TV – Best TV For Energy Efficiency
Picture Resolution: 720p | Refresh Rate: 60Hz | Stunning Feature: Voice Control
The 32S52K is one of the hot seller TVs by iFFALCON. With its 1366x768 bright resolution, you get to enjoy all the stunning details of a picture.
Its smart HDR feature showcases a wide array of colours that enhance your experience. During the game mode, you can clearly see all details, even in dark settings.
The smart volume feature is simply amazing. Dolby audio is auto-modified using AI technology. With the change in genre, the volume auto-adjusts.
Its built-in Chromecast allows you to watch or transfer all the data from your smart device to your television. So, if you’re looking for a suitable screen with the best value for money, it is a perfect fit.
- The auto-modify sound system is perfect for home cinema.
- Its wide array of gamut colours ensures a cinematic view.
- It is made of compact and sturdy material.
- The voice control is perfect for watching tv while doing chores.
- It lags while switching between channels.
- The screen’s reflection handling is just terrible.
Is iFFALCON TV Good?
iFFALCON is a relatively new TV brand. Overall, its TVs are good and have great picture quality. The Dolby sound effects make it a suitable screen for small homes.
7. Toshiba Smart TV 32 inch – Best TV For Wall Mounting
Toshiba smart LED offers dynamic picture quality and high-resolution results. It upscales the non-HD image and gives the best outcome.
DTS virtually enhances the sound. So you can enjoy the perfect audio while watching your favourite show.
Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9 | Display Resolution: 720p | Smart Feature: Alexa Built-in
It is equipped with a far-field microphone. This helps you to change or play anything using your voice command.
It consumes 32kWh per 1000 hours. Even though it is rated F, it still primarily uses minimal energy.
- The bezel microphone feature is great for switching between channels without using a remote.
- Its high dynamic picture quality ensures a cinematic view.
- The super-resolution function upscales the average image to HD.
- You can connect the smartphone to it and transfer data.
- The remote is painfully slow.
- It buffers and lags a lot while playing any video on the internet.
How To Connect Toshiba Smart TV To WiFi?
For a wireless connection, press the “home” button on the remote and navigate to network settings. To connect your TV to Wi-Fi, type the password and hit enter afterwards.
8. TCL TV 32 Inch – Best TV For Low Price
TCL surely has solutions for all problems. If you’re a fan of small televisions and looking for the best value, then 32S5209K is the right fit for your home.
Enjoy Netflix or Chromecast and download your favourite apps through the play store swiftly without any fuss.
Refresh Rate: 60 | Display Resolution: 1080p | Smart Feature: Free View Internet Service
Turn off or on the music you love with Google assistance. HDR enhances the picture quality. The one thing I really adore is its 1080p resolution, even at a compact 32-inch size.
When it comes to energy consumption, It is rated F. The F rating is considered the best among televisions.
- Its slim design with crystal screen is very aesthetic.
- The Google Assistant feature works without any lag.
- Its vibrant colour settings ensure the best picture quality.
- The micro-dimming technology gives the best contrast ratio.
- The TV doesn’t support iPlayer.
- While connecting to the internet, It reboots multiple times.
How To Use Chromecast On TCL TV?
To use the Chromecast on your TCL TV, ensure that both mobile and TV are connected to the same internet connection. Then, all you need to do is open a Chromecast compatible app and connect it to your TV by tapping on the casting icon.
Things To Consider Before Buying Energy Rating TV
Televisions are expensive. Once you decide on the size, consider following the below-listed tips.
- Considered buying a smart television that is compatible with Google and iPlayer.
- The resolution should be at least 720p.
- Bezel-less screens are smart and look aesthetic.
- Always prefer a TV with a DTS or Dolby sound system.
- Ensure that you can watch the screen from any screen.
- There must be no lag while you switch between channels.
- The screen must have a good reflection handling feature.
Nowadays, television is not only for watching soaps. It is highly recommended to buy a screen that you can use for office and gaming purposes too.
TV Energy Rating Explained
The energy rating of the tv means how efficient the tv is. Usually, Televisions are rated from A to G. Most of the available TV in the market are labelled either E or F. A sustainable tv that consumes less electricity is the best deal, as you don’t have to pay hefty monthly bills.
How Does Energy Rating Work?
Energy rating is a system that is widely popular in the EU. Manufacturers put a label on the appliance that shows how eco and sustainable the appliance is.
The lower the rating, the more your appliance consumes electricity.
TV Energy Rating Meaning – Should You Be Worried?
Almost most of the TV made across the UK are now G-rated. It is because the rating system has been changed.
You should not be worried about your G-rated televisions. You can watch them the whole night or off peak electricity times without being worried about energy bills.
Best Energy Rating TV In UK FAQs
What type of TV is most energy efficient?
LCDs and OLEDs are the most energy efficient. Even though they have a bright and rich contrast, they cost 15p-20p per hour. Compared to the old TVs, new screens use minimal energy.
Does the energy rating on a TV matter?
Yes, the rating system matters. It shows how efficient the TV is. The least rating is, the more you have to pay electricity bills.
TVs rated between A to G are considered energy efficient. A is the most efficient rating, while G is the least.
Do big screen TVs use a lot of electricity?
Contrary to popular belief, big screens don’t use a lot of electricity. New flat screens are the most efficient in terms of electricity consumption.
Does unplugging a tv save electricity?
Yes, unplugging the TV while not watching it saves a small fraction of electricity. It saves you 1p to 3p overnight, depending on the size and rating of your screen.
Wrapping It Up!
Televisions are expensive, but luckily they are energy efficient in the long run. Most energy-rated televisions are suitable for use even during off-peak hours.
If you’re planning to buy a new television, ensure that it is rated efficient. We hope that this article helps you to make the right choice. Well, in the meantime, keep on doing what you love.