- Engineered to be Quieter
- Shield360° Protection
- Save More on Energy Bills
- Toasty Heat in Seconds
- Silence Every Sound
- Immerse the Whole Space
Ceramic heaters are very popular in the EU. They are often labelled as the most energy efficient and an ideal substitute for the central heating system.
But are ceramic heaters really cheaper to run? How much electricity do they use? And most importantly, are they any good?
Well, if these concerts are also bothering you, then here is the information we don’t want you to miss.
Indeed ceramic heaters are cheaper to run. They use 0.8 kWh to 1.5 kWh of energy. As per the current energy cap of 34p, they will cost you 27p to 50p per hour.
That’s pretty simple, right? Well, truth to tell, there are several factors that determine the actual running cost of these heaters.
Keeping that all in mind, our technical professional has done detailed research to guide you properly. So, sit back and keep on reading for better understanding.
Are Ceramic Heaters Energy Efficient?
Yes, ceramic heaters are energy efficient. Compared to central heating, they are inexpensive. They have the most efficient heat radiator installed within, with an efficiency of 90%.
Due to its simple and eco-friendly design, very minimal energy is wasted while heating up the room.
Are Ceramic Heaters Expensive To Run?
Not at all. Ceramic heaters are very budget-friendly. By using them, you can save yourself from hefty monthly bills.
They use 0.8 kWh of electricity, which sums up to 27p per hour. Usually, most of the models have three heating settings.
To cut expenses, many ceramic heaters have an auto shut-off feature after 12 hours of continuous usage.
1p Per Hour Electric Heaters – Is There Anything Like That?
Recently, there has been a huge buzz of 1p per hour electric heaters. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as that. Due to the increase in electricity prices, It is nearly impossible.
Among the electric heaters, only ceramic radiator heaters are the most energy efficient.
Ceramic Heater Energy Consumption
When it comes to energy usage, there is no such thing as one size fits all. So, have a quick look at the below-listed table for detailed information.
|Cost Per Hour
|Cost Per Day
|0.5 kWh – 0.8 kWh
|17p – 27p
|£1.07 – £1.3
|1 kWh – 1.5 kWh
|34p – 51p
|£3.4 – £5.1
|2 kWh – 2.5 kWh
|68p – 85p
|£6.8 – £8.5
|2.5 kWh -3 KWh
|85p – £1
|£8.5 – £10
- The daily cost is calculated for 10 hours of usage per day.
- Ceramic space heater electricity consumption mainly depends on their wattage and how long you use them.
- Running a 0.8 kWh of heater will cost you £35 per month.
Are Ceramic Heaters Good?
Yes, ceramic heaters are worth every penny you spend. They efficiently transfer 90% of the heat energy and keep the room warm without using too much electricity.
Ceramic Heaters Advantages Disadvantages
The best advantage of ceramic space heaters is that it is very compact in size. But they do have an equal share of flaws and have a quick look at their pros and cons.
Advantage Of Ceramic Heater
- They Heat Up Quickly: These types of space heaters can get hot quickly. As soon as you plug them in, you can feel an instant warmth coming from them.
- Portable And Lightweight: Unlike the hefty gas heater size, they are very lightweight and easy to move around. They have a 360 heating feature that can heat up the room instantly.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Most ceramic room heaters have a digital thermostat. You can easily adjust the temperature using the digital control panel.
- Take Time To Cool Down: This is the blessing in disguise that they cool down very slowly. Even when you turn them off, they can still keep the room warm for a short time period.
Disadvantages Of Ceramic Heaters
- Not Suitable For Large Space: Ceramic space heaters are not suitable for large rooms. In wide spaces, they are technically useless.
- Heat Blockage: If you place anything in front of them, the heat can be blocked very easily.
- Required Constant Use: Unfortunately, they are not suitable for limited usage. As soon as you turn them off, your space will be cold again within minutes.
Ceramic Heater Electricity Consumption FAQs
Do ceramic heaters use a lot of power?
No, ceramic space heaters don’t use a lot of power. Normally, they require 0.8 kWh of power to run. They are widely known for their instant heating.
Can you leave an electric heater on all night?
No, you must never leave any type of heater unattended. Keeping them on overnight increases the threat of fire and suffocation.
Are ceramic heaters better than electric heaters?
Yes, they are much better than regular electric heaters in terms of running costs. Compared to electric space heaters they use 50% less electricity.
Do small ceramic heaters use a lot of electricity?
Overall, electricity usage depends on how long you use them. A small ceramic heater can consume 0.8 kWh of energy. This will cost you around 27p per hour.
Wrapping It Up!
Ceramic space heaters are the best outcome of the gas vs electricity cost debate. They are compact in size and cost around 27p per hour.
Even though the running cost may seem inefficient. But compared to the other types of electric space heaters they are still very pocket friendly.
Their compact size makes them a hot seller. And, energy efficiency is just the cherry on top!